Meet Dr. Marcella Wilson
You can read what this web site is all about here or scroll down to read my official bio. But keep reading to find out more about Dr. Wilson.
Dr. Wilson has a doctorate and master’s degree in computer science. She has conducted extensive studies on how online social networks impact face-to-face social networks. Her dissertation was the first to document how older adults use online social networks. Her cutting-edge research also examined the contrast between how older adults, young adults and the general population use social media, blogs and email. She also holds a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
As a result of her dissertation work, Dr. Wilson became a sought out expert in the media on how to effectively mix technology with your life, love and work. Dr. Wilson has been featured on Fox 45 News and WUSA 9 News. She has also been interviewed in numerous online, radio and print media outlets including Redbook magazine, Teen Vogue, Girl’s Life, MSNBC News, Fox News, and The Detroit Press.
During Dr. Wilson’s educational career, she received numerous fellowships from NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Bowie State University and the University of Maryland Baltimore County. During her professional career, Dr. Wilson has been honored numerous times by NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and Bowie State University for her research achievements in the area of social media networks. Currently, Dr. Wilson teaches undergraduate and graduate computer science courses at Bowie State University.
While Dr. Wilson’s education, experience and accolades are plentiful, it is her passion is helping women use their blogs to increase their brand, get media attention, attract clients that excites her most. “At least once a day, I get asked by a friend, acquaintance or via email how to run a business online or how to blog or how to use their blog to get more money and clients. It is my joy to help others turn their expertise, dream or passion into viable online business and show them how to make money so they can live a lifestyle they dream of” she says.
10 Fun Facts About Dr. Marcella Wilson
- I’m addicted to the game, Candy Crush.
- I have 3 girls including twin toddlers who I cannot tell apart. But their personalities are like night and day.
- I check my H&M app every day to see what’s on sale.
- I think I love the Disney movies more than my kids do! And yes, I know all the words to all the songs – especially the songs in “Frozen”. Let it gooooooo…
- I am a cookie monster.
- And speaking of food, I have a steel stomach. I will eat anything. I could have been on that show “Fear Factor” eating crazy stuff!
- Since we’re on the subject of TV, my favorite shows are “The Walking Dead”, “Game of Thrones”, “Homeland” and reality singing show competitions (I know, I’m kinda ashamed to admit that…) . I miss “Breaking Bad” and “Dexter” 🙁
- Paris is my favorite international city. New Orleans is my favorite American city.
- I don’t watch scary movies anymore. I’m a scardy cat.
- I skipped the 2nd grade.