Don’t have time to read this blog post about how to make money online? PIN IT for later. **This blog post contains affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. **
Does this sound like you?
I have been blogging for years and I’ve gone through many blog themes. So, I know how it is when you start a blog and have a vision of how you want it to look. You find a blog theme that has most or all of what you want. You create the blog – or you pay someone to create it for you – and it’s just how you envision it. But a few months down the road, you want to add something to your blog or change a few things. You want to do it quickly but don’t know how to alter the blog theme to do it. Does that sound like you? Well, that sure was me a few years ago. But that all changed once I started using Elegant Themes by Divi as my blog theme.
Because my blog is about blogging, I get a lot of questions on a regular basis about my personal blog choices. I always get asked just how important is a blog theme? Well, it’s super important because it’s the first thing anyone sees when they visit your blog. If your blog theme looks unprofessional then you probably won’t get many quality customers or clients. If you blog is disorganized, confusing and all over the place, then your readers might leave and not come back. So, how your blog looks and its theme is critical to the success of your blog. The saying is true that you only get one chance to make a first impression. There are a lot of blogs out there and the competition is fierce. But you can stand out from the crowd by having a beautiful blog theme that you created with Elegant Themes by Divi. People compliment me on my blog ALL the time and I owe it all to Elegant Themes by Divi because I kinda suck at design. But you’d never know that by looking at my blog.
But y’all know I’m a professor so before I get deep into why you should really check out Elegant Themes by Divi, let’s make sure that you are clear on what a blog theme is.
What is a blog theme?
A blog theme is the overall layout and design of your blog. It is how your blog is displayed on the internet. So, to really break it down, your blog theme is a collection of the font styles, colors and styling of your blog.
Okay, now that you know what a blog theme is, lemme show you 6 reasons why Elegant Themes by Divi is the bomb!
- It’s Flexible. Most blog themes are STATIC meaning they don’t change. But Elegant Themes by Divi has created DYNAMIC blog themes meaning that you can change the appearance of your blog whenever you want to. Therefore, you’re not stuck with one theme. It’s really like having a million themes in one. No two of your blog posts or pages have to look the same.
- It’s simple to use. Just drag and drop the modules into place. And don’t worry, you don’t need to know coding, html or anything like that. If you can use a computer keyboard and a mouse, you can create a beautiful blog theme. But if you do know html, coding and all that other fancy stuff, and like to do your blog updates that way, no worries. Elegant Themes by Divi has a text editor that shows all the code and you can make your changes and edits to each module that way.
- They use modules for your blog layout. Well, I know you are thinking, what is a module? A module contains one type of content that you would put on a blog post or page. There are image, text, comment, video, headline modules and many, many more. Or to break it down even further, you can think of them as containers or buckets that hold content. You can say to yourself, at the top of the blog, I want my blog headline, followed by an image. Then, I will have the blog text. So for this example, you put a headline module at the top of the page, followed by image and text modules. Using modules really shortens the time to create a blog.
- They have lots of support. They have tutorials that are easy to follow and understand just in case you get stuck in a jam. They also have support forums and tech help.
- It looks professional. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a graphic designer. So, if I were to create a blog theme myself, it definitely would not look professional. The cool thing about Elegant Themes by Divi is that when you put the modules together to create your blog, it looks professional. Like a team of web designers toiled for weeks on your blog to make it look amazing. I get compliments on the appearance of my blog ALL the time and I have to thank Elegant Themes by Divi for that. Your readers won’t know the secret to your beautiful blog.
- It’s quick to set up. You can create beautiful posts and pages for your blog in no time. Now, you’ll have to spend some time to create the text, images and any other content that you need for your blog. Once you have gathered all that together, setting up a blog post or page using Elegant Themes by Divi will take you no more than 5 minutes. All you are doing is adding and arranging the modules you have chosen for that post or page. Pretty cool, right?
Fee or for free?
Okay those of my reasons as to why you should sign up for Elegant Themes by Divi today! This is a service you’ll have to pay for. Now, I know some of you out there are reading this thinking to yourself, “Why would I pay for a blog theme? There are plenty of amazing free blog themes available!” Here’s my take.. Yes, there are a lot of amazing, free blog themes out there. I know because I have used them. But I stand by the motto that you get what you paid for. Those free themes are pretty but they are not flexible or versatile. What you see if what you get. You won’t be able to change or edit things. Also, it might take you longer to set up a free blog theme and it won’t have all the options available to you that a paid blog theme would offer. And the creators of those free blog themes definitely don’t have any tutorials or support staff available if you need help.
If you are using your blog just for fun or you’re trying to get your feet wet with this blogging stuff, then it’s probably okay to use a free blog theme. But if you are using your blog as your business or are in anyway trying to look legit, then I suggest you pay for your theme. I use Elegant Themes by Divi which is a blog theme that I pay for. If anyone asks me which blog theme to buy, that is what I suggest. But even if you don’t go with Elegant Themes by Divi for you blog, I highly recommend that you pay for a blog theme instead of using a free one. That’s just my two cents.
In this blog post, I have showed you what a blog theme is and whether or not you should pay for one. I also told you about the blog theme that I use and the 6 reasons why I feel you should use that theme too.
Since you had read this far down in my blog post, I am gonna assume that you either have a blog that you are really serious about or are thinking really hard about starting one. Am I right? If you don’t have a blog, I can help you start one quickly and cheaply. I have created a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a WordPress blog in about 20 minutes. And for a limited time, you can get web hosting service from Blue Host for as low as $3.95 a month, which is ridiculously cheap. As an added bonus, you’ll get a free domain name ($15 value) through my Blue Host link if you purchase at least one year of web hosting service.
For more tips on what to do if you are just getting started with a blog, check out my Start Here page.
BTW, leave me a comment letting me know many blog themes you have had. Or if you are new to blogging, leave me your url. I’d love to check it out!
Dr. Marcella Wilson