Sign up for my FREE Webinar “7 Easy Secrets to Write Blog Posts that Sell”

Approximately  25% of people will buy off your blog the first time they visit your blog. What about the other 75%? They are in the decision-making process. They are looking at your blog to see if YOU can solve their problem, pain or fill their need.

The goal of your blog is to convince the remaining 75% to buy from you. You do that through your content. More specifically, the content YOU generate.  Have information on your blogs that help readers make an informed decision and come back to buy from you again and again.  Easy ways to do that are to create FAQ’s, checklists and tutorials for your readers.

In last week’s blog post, we discussed content readers look for online when they want to research or buy a product or service. We also discussed why it is important to have user-generated content on your blog. Now, let’s talk about the content YOU need to create that help customers make a decision to buy.

Again, the content on your blog needs to be material that customers are looking for.  Customers most frequently search for content such as product reviews, product or service descriptions, new uses of products, message boards, product or service comparisons, frequently asked questions and more.  Any content that can help your reader make a decision about buying your product or service should be available on your blog.  Here are some other types of content you can create that will be useful to customers:

Click HERE to get your FREE Cheat Sheet on Blogging

  • Blogs
  • Online press releases
  • Articles
  • Product/service descriptions
  • Technical support
  • User guides/technical manuals
  • White papers
  • Case studies
  • E-books
  • Tutorials
  • Videos
  • Podcasts
  • Reference materials (from a simple glossary to a full encyclopedia on your topic)
  • Printable items (procedure checklists, guides, recipes, fl ash cards, posters, etc.)
  • Diagnostic questionnaire (designed to help the user solve a problem)
  • Help desk or knowledge base
  • Q&A advice
  • Demonstrations on how your product/service works with a third-party product/service
  • Company news
  • Deals/coupons
  • Online store
  • Calendar
  • Online utilities (online mortgage or retirement calculators, calorie counters, etc.)
  • Software downloads
  • Games
  • Music
  • Your commercials (Believe it or not, this can be a huge draw.)
  • Twitter feeds and other social media updates
  • Activism tools (tools that will allow users to promote your message)
  • Industry news aggregating (an automatic feed of the latest headlines in the topic area)
  • Lists of outside blogs, industries, or resources that users might find useful

What types of content that YOU generate will you use for your blog?  Post your decision in the comment section below.