Don’t have time to read about my June 2018 blog income report? PIN IT for later! **This blog post contains affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. I only recommend products that I believe in and/or use personally.**
Welcome to my June 2018 Blog income report
As usual, I have learned a ton of information from tracking my income, expenses, page views, social media followers and more. I was able to see what worked well and what didn’t work at all. Each month, my blog income report allows me to access my actions and determine how to move forward.
Why do I publish income reports every month? I always get questions from friends and family asking me why on earth I want to “put it all out there” about how much money I am making. Most people (non-bloggers) don’t think it’s a good idea to publish a blog income report. And I understand that. So, here is my reasoning. I write blog income reports for two reasons. First, to keep myself motivated to surpass the previous month’s numbers. And secondly, to keep an accurate record of my stats.
I have have always made money blogging. However, I have never been consistent in tracking my income nor created blog income reports. For a long time, I was just blogging. I wasn’t focused on making money and I didn’t know how. I was just kinda doing it for fun. But now that this is an actual business that provides income for me, I decided to collect results on a monthly basis to help me (and others) learn and grow.
Most importantly, I have decided to create blog income reports to inspire other bloggers and show that it is possible to have a profitable blog. So many people come to me and ask how they can make money blogging. So I thought it would be a good idea to show tangible results.
But before I dive deep into the numbers, I need to know something…
Are YOU thinking about starting a blog? If so I can help!
Because if you’re reading this blog post, I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that you may be interested in blogging too. Is that correct? Have you been going back and forth for months (or maybe even years!), debating on whether or not to start a blog? If you are interested in getting a blog started, I can help you do it quickly and cheaply. I have created a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a WordPress blog . In my tutorial, you’ll get:
- Pictures and Detailed explanations for each step
- Help deciding what to blog about. Plus, I’ll give you 20 of the top blog topics.
- An in-depth video walking you through the process of how to set up a WordPress blog (only a 15 minute process).
- Tips on how to pick the best web hosting service for your needs (under $50 for a year)
- A FREE domain name ($15 value)
- Help with how to write your first blog post
- Help with picking a WordPress theme
Blogging is amazing because it allows me to work completely online. I control my own schedule and can work virtually anywhere. Plus, I have more time with my family. Sure, I had to pay money to start my blog and get it up and running. But the return on my investment that I made to set up my blog is priceless.
My June 2018 Blog Income Report
As I said previously, I have been blogging for a few years but I didn’t take it seriously. My blog was about the latest and greatest tech gadgets. I was just doing it when I felt like it. I did get A LOT of media exposure however, I wasn’t making any money. Then, something in my life changed that made me take this whole blogging thing seriously.
At the time, I had a toddler and I just popped out my twins. My days were consumed with taking care of my kids and home. I had decided that I wanted to work from home for good. I couldn’t see myself putting my kids in daycare. The cost for daycare would be astronomical! I had no desire to climb the corporate ladder or live in cubicle hell again. I’d done that before and had absolutely no desire to go back to that. So while I was home with my babies, I decided to start blogging as a way to earn income.
I wanted my blog to be an online business. I wanted my blog to make money so I could contribute to the household income and provide for things like ballet and gymnastics. Because let’s be honest, it’s expensive raising kids, right? Formula, pull-ups, gymnastics and shoes ain’t cheap. Can I get a witness? The harsh reality was that after I had my twins, my household went from 2 full-time incomes to 1 full-time income and some change. My husband was not worried but that was kinda scary to me. So, I really wanted to get this blogging stuff down so I could contribute to the household income. Is that your reason for wanting to start a blog?
Breakdown of my June 2018 blog income report
Even though I had a tech blog, people were constantly asking me to their design websites and help them set up blogs. So I decided to pivot and start blogging with the goal of helping moms start a blog. I initially made money charging for web design and consulting services. And I still do that. But I also earn money other ways.
Affiliate Income – $60.00 My affiliate income comes from these different sources:
- Elegant Themes by Divi – A theme is the design of your blog. Now, WordPress has some built-in themes that you can use and you can also get free WordPress themes on the Internet. However, I have tried both and firmly believe that you get what you pay for. I recommend Elegant Themes by Divi for your blog. I use it on this blog and it is a game changer. You can customize it to your blog and create any kind of configuration, layout or design that you want.
- ConvertKit – Collecting email addresses is so important and having a large, engaged email list is the true sign of a profitable business. You need to start collecting email addresses on day one that your blog is up. As the popular saying goes, “The money is on the list!” I wish I had done this. There are lots of email subscription services out there and I have uses many of them. But I highly recommend ConvertKit. Click HERE to learn more about ConvertKit.
- Ebates – A site that offers cash back and coupons for online shopping purchases. Retailers such as Amazon, Etsy, Sephora, Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s, JC Penny and many other stores that you’ll find at your local mall have teamed up with Ebates to give you cash back. If you’re shopping online anyway – and who isn’t – you might as well get some money back from those purchases. Why don’t you click here to try Ebates and see if you like it? Plus, they will give you $10 just to sign up.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – Many bloggers make money selling affiliate products. If you don’t know what affiliate products are, that’s when you sell another company’s product to your audience and they give you a cut of the sale. Popular financial blogger Michelle Schroeder-Gardner makes over $50,000 each month selling other people’s products!!! Michelle has been blogging for years and her affiliate income has increased over time. I have taken the course and use it grow my blog income. If you want to learn exactly how Michelle earns $50,000 a month in affiliate income, check out her online course “Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing“.
Consulting (Web Design Services) – $150.00
Total Blog Income – $210.00
ConvertKit (Email Subscription Service – $29
Ejunkie.com (Electronic document delivery service. So if someone buys an eBook from me, ejunkie will email the document to them) – $5
Later (Social Media Management) – $19
Total Expenses – $53
Net Blog Income – $157.00
START WRITING YOUR BLOG INCOME REPORT TODAY!
So there you have it my June 2018 blog income report. I learn a lot from my blog income reports. If you’re not tracking your blog income, I highly recommend that you start today. And don’t be put off from doing this if you’re not earning money just yet. There are so many things to track besides your income. Try tracking your blog page views, social media followers, email subscribers and your most popular blog posts each month. You can learn a lot just by analyzing your blog stats each month. Try it and see how much it helps your blog grow.
If you don’t have a blog, start one today. I have created a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up a WordPress blog in about 5 minutes. And for a limited time, you can get web hosting service from Blue Host for as low as $3.95 a month, which is ridiculously cheap. As an added bonus, you’ll get a free domain name ($15 value) through my Blue Host link if you purchase at least one year of web hosting service. Click HERE to get started.
Or you can join my FREE CHALLENGE: Start a Blog in 7 Days . It’s great because over 7 days, you’ll learn how figure out what to blog about, come up with income opportunities for your blog and learn how to write your blog content. And it’s free! So what have you got to lose? Nothing, cuz it’s FREE! So click HERE to sign up today or fill out the form below.
Don’t forget to leave me a comment and let me know how was June 2018 for you? Are you interested in making money blogging?